Here are few steps you should take to make sure that a bad spray tan will not spoil your event:
1. If you've never had a spray tan before, make sure that you have a trial few weeks before the occasion. You do not know how your skin will take the solution, especially if you have fair skin. Although chances of going orange are very remote, how would you feel if it happened on the day of your wedding or prom?
2. Don't choose the darkest solution. We would recommend an 6% - 8.5% shade if possible. You want to simply add a "glow" to enhance your features and your attire.
4. Take extra care in your preparation before the tan. Exfoliate very well with the proper products, and apply barrier cream all over your hands, feet and knee caps before spray tanning.
5. A tan extender can be a good idea to repair and prolong your tan way ahead of the occasion. Learn how to apply before so you don't have to worry about the details the day of your event. Find out more details on how to care for your spray tan.
6. If you are using a new technician it would be good to give it a trial run enough time in advance. If you go to a salon there is always a chance you get a different technician each time. This is different with a mobile spray tan service when a specific technician can be requested. If you like a particular technician, there is no sense trying a new one a couple days before your event. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
A spray tan for wedding, prom or any other special occasion is a wonderful idea. It will make your hair shine, eyes sparkle and give you a brilliant smile. When you have a "glow" to your skin you will surely be the center of attention.
Find us on Facebook for more spray tanning information and tanning specials!
By Deann Casias Howard